Roxborough Memorial Hospital was proud to receive the Healthgrades Award for Patient Safety.
"The recipients of the Healthgrades 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award have not only found ways to improve patient safety, but to outperform expectations in the prevention of adverse safety incidents," said Evan Marks, Chief Strategy Officer, Healthgrades. Hospitals were evaluated based on the occurrence of observed incidents and expected performance for 14 Patient Safety Indicators as defined by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. This Healthgrades designation recognizes superior performance in hospitals that have prevented the occurrence of serious, potentially avoidable complications for patients during hospital stays.
According to Healthgrades, during this study period, patients treated in hospitals receiving the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award were, on average:
- 40.2% less likely to experience an accidental puncture or laceration during a procedure, than patients treated at non-recipient hospitals.
- 44.2% less likely to experience a collapsed lung due to a procedure or surgery in or around the chest, than patients treated at non-recipient hospitals.
- 54.4% less likely to experience catheter-related blood stream infections, than patients treated at non-recipient hospitals.
- 50.4% less likely to experience pressure sores or bed sores acquired in the hospital, than patients treated at non-recipient hospitals.
Other Recognitions Roxborough Memorial Hospital has received:
- Rick Carocci Corporate Advocate Award
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Leapfrog (2nd consecutive A rating; Fall 2015 and Spring 2016)
- Donate Life Platinum Award
- Hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Laboratory Services are fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Imaging services accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center
- Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures in 2013
- Received an A for Hospital Safety by The Leapfrog Group 2014
- Recognized by Roxborough Development Corporation as the Business of the Year for community involvement
- Patient Safety Achievement Award honoring excellence and innovation in health care from the Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- School of Nursing at Roxborough Memorial Hospital has been educating nurses since 1898.
- Achieved a 100% pass rate on the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses, the only program in Eastern Pennsylvania to achieve this distinction. 2010