The Sleep Lab
The Sleep Disorders Laboratory at Roxborough Memorial Hospital is a modern, state-of-the-art, 2 bed facility designed to provide diagnostic evaluation of patients with sleep disorders and recommend appropriate treatment.
- To provide the physician and patient with the highest quality diagnostic and treatment polysomnographs
- To report the results and physician interpretation of the study with recommendations in a timely manner.
- To schedule patients for studies in the shortest time possible
- Polysomnographs - an overnight sleep study to monitor and record night - time sleep
- MSLT - a daytime study to diagnose narcolepsy and assess daytime sleepiness
- CPAP/BIPAP titration - an overnight study to determine the effective pressure level to maintain an open airway
- Consultation with a sleep lab physician to develop an appropriate diagnostic and treatment plan
Common Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Loud snoring
- Excessive daytime drowsiness
- Inability to fall asleep/stay asleep
- Frequent leg jerks or creeping sensation